Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Aloof

I am always so aloof? Yesterday I posted about starting my New Years Resolution back up... umm did I not realize tomorrow marks the start of Lent?! Haha, I make myself chuckle... well it works out nicely- I will now be writing down three things I am thankful for each day... for Lent.
I was raised Catholic, as mentioned in my best friends post :) but I do not tend to be into the whole giving something up for Lent thing. I think it is because, as a kid, I felt like I was being punished for something. Now, I look at it as a reason to do something good for me and others in my life- giving something up like texting, treats, twitter, or shopping would simply make me crabby. Instead, I am going to do the three things I am thankful for ... and as I sleep tonight I am going to think of something else. I think it is going to be volunteer once a week. I will let you know.
I think it is important to think of something we can do that will make us happy and better people, rather than give something up (well for me that  is- you would not want to know me if I had to go without treats). I think doing something positive makes us all #winners (sorry had to hahaha).

Well, I will keep you posted on how this goes for me/ if I think of anything while I sleep.

Goodnight ninjas and noodles. mwah

No comments:

Post a Comment