Saturday, February 5, 2011

Days 4: Bad Habit

Day 4: A Habit You Wish You Didn’t Have?

Well, I am sure you can easily guess…. Being late (although I have cut down immensely) . I am reaaallly working hard to knock it off. I thank my older sister Megan for her lecturing on being late. She tends to keep me in line, which I need from time to time.

Sista




 It is one of my New Years Resolutions to not be late. I am usually late due to various things i.e. I went an extra mile on my run, went to yoga instead of getting ready, stopped at a bakery or forgot I had to get gas. Personally, I feel these are all legitimate reasons but unfortunately, others do not.

 I have learned that when you are late it shows the person waiting that you think your time is more important than theirs. I try very hard to never act like I am better than someone else (because I am not) . A valuable lesson I learned in Yoga Teacher Training is how we are all the same , we are all human and need to treat ALL others equally. Being late is showing you don’t care and/or your time is more valuable. Well that is just rude. I don’t want to be rude so that is my habit I am QUTTING.



I mean I don’t want to be late to the marathon do I?! NO! That would mean no PR…



Quick side note: one time I was legit three minutes late for a ten mile race and I still got 3rd haha I think it made me run faster but COME ON, Molly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment